Here’s a fiery but delicious recipe from A Little Green Kitchen:
These fish tacos are my favorite thing to eat.
For the fish:
4 tilapia fillets
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
- Mix together the cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Rub the fish with oil. Sprinkle on the spice mix. This recipe is very spicy. If you don’t like spice use a lot less cayenne.
- Grill for 3 minutes per side on a hot grill.
For the slaw:
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 medium red cabbage, shredded
2 large carrots, shredded
3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together the orange juice, lim juice, oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Fold in cilantro and serve.
The fresh slaw ingredients. Those strange looking things on the bottom right are actually carrots from a CSA box.
Now, a quick tutorial on how to core and shred a cabbage:
First, cut the cabbage in half.
Then, cut out a wedge to remove the core.
Place the cabbage half on the flat side, and slice it into ribbons of the desired thickness.
Break the ribbons apart with your hands and add to the bowl with the dressing.
Add your shredded carrots in.
Those funny looking carrots had an awesome yellow color that adds even more to this already bright salad. So to finish up the slaw you just let it marinate for a while and then fold in the cilantro.
Also with these fish tacos I like to make a salsa with whatever I have on hand. This time I used tomatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, onion, avocado, cilantro, jicama and lime juice. And I like to have some sour cream or greek yogurt to slather on there because they are very spicy. And don’t forget the tortillas.