It’s a pretty gloomy Monday here in Madison, Wisconsin. And it’s going to be a long week for me. But here is something that can make it a little bit better: a delicious dessert that can also masquerade as a nutritious breakfast.
Yogurt Peach Tart
From A Little Green Kitchen
For the crust, you will need:
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/3 cup walnuts
1-2 tablespoons water
For the filling, you will need:
2 cups plain greek yogurt
3 tablespoons agave
peaches, cut into wedges
- Combine the oats, dates and walnuts in a food processor until sticky. Add some water if you think it’s too dry.
- Grease a tart pan and press the crust mixture into it. My mixture was super sticky; I found it worked really well to use a rubber spatula to spread the sticky mess into the pan.
- Prebake the crust at 375 for 10 min. Set aside to cool.
- Once the crust is cool, mix the yogurt with the agave and spread it evenly into the crust. Lay out the peach wedges on top. I also had a big basket of blueberries in the fridge that I wish I would have thrown on top, so if you have any other fruits you need to use up, be sure to include them.
- Bake the tart at 375 for 30 min.
Prepping the filling. The original recipe wants you to strain the yogurt. Which I just didn’t feel like doing. But if you want super thick yogurt then go for it.
Ready for the oven…
Ready to eat!